If you are interested in surgery, please contact my secretary and we will make an appointment to meet. You will be sent a questionnaire which explores your visual difficulties, whether your needs are likely to be achievable with PRELEX surgery and what sort of intraocular lens implant may be most appropriate.
In brief, multifocal lenses may suit you if:
- You are happy to swap the need for reading glasses for some haloes and glare.
- You are prepared to have both eyes operated on
- You are prepared to allow at least 3 months to become used to your new intraocular lens implants
- You do not have very high refractive errors or very high level of astigmatism
- Your eye is essentially healthy in all other respects